Friday, September 11, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Gluten Free food is hit or miss, so I will let you in on some of my absolute FAVORITE products ( in no particular order)
any and all of these products. Most of them can be found in Whole Foods stores. There baguettes, rolls and pizza shells are to die for. They have a bit of a croissant flavor... and my favorite pizza place Fat Cat, in Norwalk, CT uses there product for there pizza!
you will absolutely not know it was gluten free... in fact I like them better than the old raviolis I used to get. They can be found in Whole Foods too, or can be directly overnights to your house!
3. WASABI RICE CRACKERS-
there are a few different brands that make these, and for the most part you can't go wrong with any of them... my favorite are the wasabi crackers but there are many other varieties, BBQ, Sesame, Plain, etc
4. AMY's- www.amys.com
for a quick fix her enchiladas and tamales are delish! check your frozen section. Note- I did not care for her pizza
5. LUCY's COOKIES- www.drlucys.com
My father found these in the Village Market in Wilton for me. They are amazing- and I have tried all the flavors. If fact I feel like I sometimes am in competition to get a box or two against my friends mom whom also has the same problems!
These are slow dry roasted cashews that they sell many varieties too! I love them! I am still exploring all the flavors but they are "mouthwatering". Plus they are local and I can't say no to that!
7. NUT-THINS www.bluediamond.com
These are great crackers for cheese or any spreads! Even alone they are a good munch! I am partial to the Natural Almond ones but I did just pick up a few other ones to try!
8. GLUTINO CANDY BARS- Chocolate Peanut Butter- www.glutino.com
Now, first off, snicker is gluten free and so are some of my favorite candies... so don't let me mislead you that you can't eat what you see in a store. These are just a really nice treat that a friend brought over and I happened to exceptionally like!

Libations are also important!
Since I just found out that I can drink wine- check out Delight Magazine this month!- I have had a few glasses lately, particularly Rose, which is made in Steel Vats. But other favorites include:
Tito's Vodka- corn based
FireFly Vodka- tastes like Ice Tea
Tequila- reposada please- and on the rocks!
Redbridge Beer- LOVE, and as I will post in the near future... CITIFIELD carries this! Let's go Mets!!
I am sure I have more, and feel free to ask! These were just off the top of my head!~

No comments:

Post a Comment