Monday, February 21, 2011

The HEAT IS ON....

The race, the battle... The Winner? Two people know what I am talking about. One, namely Christopher Hickey, has a breakfast burrito so wonderful, he hardly makes it... keeps you on your toes, wanting more (a very normal occurrence once you get to know this fine lad). The other, Vanessa Frosini, presenting me with the amazing and finger licking (yes, I did lick my fingers) breakfast tacos, as seen above. Us GLUTARDS- embrace it, I just learned this term and it is not only fantastic, it might be the most amazing thing ever!- don't have an easy way about breakfast. We can't just grab a sandwich, bagel, english muffin, toast, muffin, crumbcake, I could go on but for everyone out there's sake, I will stop. Anyone who knows me, knows this is an issue. So when breakfast can be something so wonderful and fresh, why complain?
Let's discuss the breakdown of Vanessa's fabulous meal:
It start's with a nicely heated/bronzed corn tortilla. Added to that are a few things, fresh salsa and refried black beans from Du Soleil, located in New Canaan, but also at the Weston Farmers Markets on Saturdays. A little dollop of sour cream, and eggs so fresh, literally probably came from a chicken just a few days ago! The eggs, also bought at the Weston Farmers Market, are from Daffodil Hill Growers at Woodside Farm in Southbury CT "home of the happy hen, cage free and free range".
So I am not really sure I can call a winner between the two- I might not get breakfast again! But the details are fresh and simple (most of all Gluten Free), and both can be made with a little love! So if your like me, it's easy: Stop Complaining and Start Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment