Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wanton Soup... umm ummm good!

Chinese food is a major comfort food for me... and its super easy and super cheap to make at home. While in Rhode Island last weekend we tried out this recipe and it was awesome, so I thought I would share. Because my sister in law has a shellfish allergy we doubled the pork and did not add the shrimp- I am not sure I would ever add the shrimp it was so good, but that is for you to decide!

Wantons: mix the below together and let sit covered for 25-30 minutes for flavors to intensify.
6oz pork- finely chopped
8 fully cooked shrimp
1 bunch of scallions chopped
2 tbs gluten free soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp finely chopped ginger

After letting mixture sit, mix one teaspoon of mixture into rice paper wantons. Wet edges of wanton, press and seal. When wantons are done, cook in three cups chicken broth for 4-5 minutes. Add scallions for garnish. I love love loved this dish... and hopefully you will too! It was hard to find the rice paper wraps, and if you find this a problem too- you can always make these into meatballs and bread with GF breadcrumbs... again you won't be disappointed, the flavors are magical together!

No comments:

Post a Comment