Thursday, October 29, 2009

Macaroni and Cheese... to top them all!



Thank you Claire for the initial recipe at BubbleFest last year (a way that girls can enjoy the Superbowl too), I almost got out of my non-sleep last night to make this, but decided to wait till dinner tonight! A girls gotta eat! With not to much of a twist, this meal is now GF! Comfort food to top them all... So here goes...

Cook: 1 bag pasta- I only like bionaturae's... you can not tell its gluten free!
In a skillet: cook for 5 mins together
4 tbs butter- and don't shy on the butter!
4 oz thin sliced pancetta (bacon also works) sliced and pan crisped
1 cup thin white onion
add one at a time:
2-3 clove garlic
1tbs chili flakes ( I prefer penzy's jalapeno California crushed, and I double)
add 4 more tbs of butter :)
1/4 cup flour (gluten free for me)
3 1/2 cups milk, stirring till slightly thick coating a spoon
wisk in:
8 oz mascarpone
1cup parmesan
2 1/2cup shredded chedder

Combine pasta and cheese sauce in a baking dish. In a separate dish combine 3/4cup gluten free bread crumbs (for non GF, panko works best!), 4 tbs butter :), 1/2cup parsley (again, I prefer more jalapenos from Penzys) . Toss these three ingredients and top  macaroni and cheese. Bake on 350* until medium golden brown!

MOST OF ALL- enjoy... Tish, this pictures for you! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I'll have my Gluten Free chef whip that up asap. It looks much better than the gf mac n cheese by trader joes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why must you torture me!!! I'd post pics on my blog but I'd probably get hauled off to court. xoxo TISH

    ReplyDelete