Thursday, February 16, 2012

Super Tuscan!!!!

So there have been a few extra bites these past few months, I could blame it on the holidays but honestly, I just like to eat!! Furthermore I like to eat good food and it's been such a nice change lately because restaurants are expanding their gluten free options!!!

One noteable newcomer is The Tuscan in New Canaan. The tip came over facebook when I put up a gluten free post and a friend that works there told me that they had gluten free pasta! No need to say more, I was there that evening. I kindly reminded the waiter to make sure they use a different pot of boiling water (one should never assume) and asked for their suggestions for the rest of the meal. The menu was easy to dicipher what I could have and what was not gluten free (although I have gotten better at this, it's always a bit difficult going anywhere new!). One menu item I have to mention is the lobster bisque- it is gluten free- really!!! No rue involved here :) it was amazing, creamy and full of flavor. Any type of bisque has definitely been something I have missed and so this was an amazing surprise, I had to order it! Don't think the lobster stopped there, you can not pass up the Insalata de Aragosta, it's insane (although I had this at brunch on another occasion!). Of course after pasta and soup I nearly had to be rolled out of there... that was until someone mentioned salted caramel gelato. I did a stretch or two, a little wiggle and magically I had room for more. I will warn you now, no matter how stuffed you are- one scoop is not enough!!!

Good things do not have to come to an end because let it be known, there Sunday brunch is amazing too!!! I think I have found my new spot... for now at least :)

http://www.thetuscan.com/

1 comment: