Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dreaming of Dessert...

Admit it- So are you! I am not alone when I make this statement. How many of us have been at a dinner party, or just out to dinner and you can make anything out of a meal- or we bring our own. Then comes dessert. For me, it's just not worth bringing dessert to someone elses house, and I don't REALLY miss it if I can't find something on a dessert menu- remember, it's my problem not theirs! But when I can have dessert, it's fork down, hands deep into whatever is in front of me!!! I kid you not!
While at the Farmers Market in New Cannan this summer I notice, sampled and bought these wonderful dessert bars. Keep them in your fridge if you can make them last your car ride home- they will keep for quite a bit!  Dream Bars were dreamed up by Westover Magnet Elementary Teacher Brian Hayes, and quiet a dream it was! Taking a family dessert and making it gluten free is probably a dream of anyone who shares in GF community. " Dream Desserts currently offers four flavors: peanut butter chocolate; pecan clasique; banana nuvo; and luscious lemon, the one that started everything. They're all made using all-natural ingredients" Personally my favorite is banana nuvo... honestly I didn't even put the icing on it- it's been that long since I had GREAT banana bread, or any at all for that matter :). I know I am a pain in the butt when it comes to quality of my GF desserts- I would rather not eat them if they are not up to par with what everyone else is enjoying- one less mile to run to burn it off... but these bars- simply are a dream come true! 
And now they are in the news: http://www.courant.com/community/stamford/hc-ap-ct-fea-gluten-freebujul28,0,4796052.story  Celiac diagnosis leads to business for Conn couple.  What a great local business to support and a great way to have dessert!  So next time you are out looking for something to do on a Saturday- head over to New Cannan's farmers market, grab a bar, and sit back, relax and dream! If you live to far away, or would rather place an order, follow this link: http://dreamdessertbars.com/

Dreams are extremely important. You can't do it unless you imagine it. -george lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment