Friday, May 28, 2010

A Little Kick of Summer... Ali Style


Ahhh... a little bit of heaven just touched my lips. Immediately I have to share- cause you deserve to know the BEST recipe I can dream of for summer was just plated in front of me. Not at a Restaurant either, Ali, a great friend (and who knew??? a great chef) just taught me a little bit about crab cakes that even my fans in Baltimore would be proud of... so here goes... eat your heart out, or stuff your face- I know I just did...

Crab Cakes:
1 lb crab meat- she used one can bumble bee lump crab and one of the fresh minced crab meat (Phillips to be exact)
1/4 cup chopped pepper (red for color)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup mayo- Hellman's- obvi
1 egg
1/2- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (ALEXIA's is amaz)
1tbsp old bay- don't be afraid to overfill the tablespoon
1/2 tsp dry mustard
dash of Worcestershire sauce

combine the above and in a buttery skillet fry to your hearts desire- extra crispy for me! And don't forget about the sauce...
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tbsp dry mustard
1/1/2 cups mayo- Hellman's- obvi
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp paprika
1 1/2 horseradish
2 tbsp sherry
chopped parsley- for prettiness
salt and pepper to taste
mix and obviously apply generously. The combinations of the two above will create a bond your taste buds never knew they had- SERIOUSLY

No comments:

Post a Comment